Apply to Join the IHA
Nutrition Research Assistant-1
The Texas A&M AgriLife Institute for Advancing Health Through Agriculture seeks a Research Assistant to assist the Program Director in supporting Dr. Regan Bailey and the research conducted as part of Precision Nutrition. The Research Assistant will perform independent research activities requiring an advanced level of knowledge in Nutrition, are predominantly intellectual and varied in character, and require consistent use of discretion and judgment.
Research Animal Technician
The Research Technician I, under general supervision performs entry level, semi-skilled, technical support research work involving performance of routine tasks.
- Animal Husbandry: Performs husbandry duties daily for assigned conventional and specific pathogen free (SPF) research animal colonies.
- Animal Handling: Transports animals, caging equipment, feed, water, and bedding materials in assigned work area. Assists to coordinate shipping and receiving
- Colony Management: Assist to establish, breed, and maintain animal colony. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Observation and Record Keeping: Observes carefully for all laboratory animals in assigned work area. Reports any sick, injured or distressed animals to a supervisor. Records accurate daily observation of animals and environmental parameters.
- Conduct Laboratory Experiments: Follows protocols and revises SOP as directed. Participates in experimental design. Operates laboratory equipment. Collects biological samples. Practices laboratory safety methods.
- Training: Follows established protocols and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines concerning quality assurance.
- Continued Education: Participates in training and continuing education activities as required by federal guidelines and accreditation standards. Attends staff meetings as required.
Development Grant Writer
The Development Grant Writer, under general supervision, researches, prepares and submits proposals and grant applications in support of the University or agency’s ongoing needs and priorities. Assists with strategies in planning and implementing a proactive and effective program of fund development.